The auxiliary is an organization of men and women dedicated to promoting the hospice concept through community education and fund-raising. It provides opportunities for people to support Hospice in ways other than patient contact.
The Hospice Auxiliary:
- auxiliary members are Hospice of Central New York’s goodwill ambassadors and evangelists
- members organize and conduct community events to increase Hospice awareness
- donates gifts to patients, such as booties, lap robes, and comfort pillows
- arranges for floral deliveries to patients
- hosts receptions for families at Hospice memorial services
- organizes educational programs featuring guest speakers
- raises funds to promote end-of-life and bereavement care
For more information, please contact: The Hospice Foundation of Central New York at 315-634-1100.